If your internet is consistently being interrupted, you can try different ways to fix it depending on the source of the problem. You will see what went wrong of the internet connection by going to the Network and Internet related title in the Settings section of your computer. The problem may be happened by a connection problem between your computer and the modem, or there may be a problem with the modem accessing the internet. Windows users can take advantage of the troubleshooting functionality of Windows by clicking on the problems you faced with in this section.
First of all, make sure that you do not have any outstading payout balance. Many internet providers notify you by showing a warning with email or sms while the internet is being cut due to unpaid billing debt. Even if there is no such warning, we recommend you to check if the debt has been paid or not.
If your computer cannot identify or solve the issue, you are supposed to go to other stages.
If the problem is related to connecting to the modem
- Try to re-connect by first turning off your network connection, wait for 10 seconds and then turning it on again.
- Make sure your modem is working, check if the lights are on.
- If you have already re-connected to your network but there was still no change, turn off the modem and wait for 10 seconds, then turn it on again.
- If you are making a wired cable connection; check your computer’s cable entries and make sure it is properly initiated. If the computer has an alternative ethernet port to establish the connection, you ought to try plugging your cable into other sockets.
If your modem are not able connect to the internet
- Try to turn the modem off in the same way and then turn it back on after 10 seconds.
- Check the power cable of the modem and the cables which are connected to the telephone line.